listen to the articleTITLE
listen to the article4 minutes
There was a problem. Try refreshing the page.
Mel Robbins phrases that will give you good life advice.
Mel Robbins is an American author, motivational speaker, former criminal defense attorney, and television host.
Mel Robbins was born in 1968 and grew up in North Muskegon, MI.
He graduated from Dartmouth College and earned a law degree from Boston College Law School.
She used her common sense, education, and practical mindset as a writer for CNN, in her life advice books, and as a motivational speaker.
Mel Robbins is married with three children, which adds to her credibility when she shares life lessons and advice.
Enjoy these Mel Robbins quotes!
Don't forget to check it out tooMargaret Atwood quoteproving that words are powerful.
Check out our most popular dating article, a list ofshort inspirational quotesfor daily inspiration.
explore ourcomplete collection of motivational quotesHere.
Motivational quotes by Mel Robbins
1. "You can't control how you feel. But you can always choose how you want to act."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: Feelings and emotions are things we cannot control. However, you can change the way you talk to yourself about yourfeelings and emotions. You can also always choose your reaction to make her feel a certain way.
2. "You're just one decision away from a completely different life."―Mel Robbins
Daily use:a decisionit can change your whole life. This applies to both good and bad decisions. Bad decisions tend to completely change your life a little faster than good decisions, but that statement is always true. A single decision can make all the difference.
3. "That's the problem with so many adults, we all focus on getting it right instead of trying. Whatever happened to good enough?―Mel Robbins
Daily use: There is no such thing as perfection. what is possible isGive your best. Maybe it's just a failed attempt, maybe it's good enough, or maybe it's great. You won't know until you try. Trying is worth more than most people anyway, so your failed attempt is that much closer than most people will ever get!
4. "When it comes to change, goals and dreams, you have to bet on yourself."―Mel Robbins
Daily use: change, goals, etc.dreams, are all things you control. Are you ready to be uncomfortable? you come to work Believe in yourself and your ability to deliver and keep your promises. No one else will make this happen for you.
5. "Don't leave anything important unsaid."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: We never know how long we'll be on this earth. The same goes for how long people whoamarI'll be there. Say what you mean and what you say, especially when it matters!
6. “The 5 Second Rule: The moment you have the instinct to react to a goal, you have to be 5-4-3-2-1 and physically move or your brain will stop you.”―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: This is such a simple yet powerful tool. “Moving physically” does not mean reaching that goal now. It can be as simple as stopping and writing it down in adaily. Or by email. Maybe it's a little more complicated, like searching for something. Whatever it is, it performs an action and brings the needle closer to the final result in those five seconds.
7. “Hesitation is the kiss of death. You might hesitate for a nanosecond, but that's all it takes. That little hesitation triggers a mental system designed to stop him. And it happens in less than, you guessed it, five seconds.―Mel Robbins
Daily use: There are so many mental systems going on in your brain. They're fast and based on neural pathways you've learned in the past. These systems are evolutionary processes that humans have learned to survive. if you would likebloom, then you have to fight your way through them. Mel Robbins' Five Second Technique Can Help You!
8. "There is one thing guaranteed to increase your sense of control over your life: a propensity for action."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: Action is the key to achieving your dreams and goals. Without action, these things are like comfort blankets that make you feel warm and fluffy. Learn more about how to promoteThis article.
9. "I have a hard time finding the balance between not punishing myself when things don't go as fast as I'd like and not wasting time waiting for them to happen."―Mel Robbins
Daily use: Balance is essential for our well-being. This is one of the areas that requires balance. Love yourself enough to be compassionate and kind to yourself when you make a mistake. be disciplined enoughmanage your distractionsand focus on your goals.
10. "It's an instinct that reminds you of the goal. That's your inner wisdom and it's important to heed it, no matter how small or silly that instinct may seem."―Mel Robbins
Everyday use: that inner voice, inner strength, inner wisdom, or whatever you choosecall it, it's like fire. Sometimes it can be a single spark, a flame, a smoldering coal, or a raging inferno. Give him some oxygen for those times when he looks small and silly! Feed it and help it burn!
11. "Your feelings don't matter. The only thing that matters is what you do."―Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins quotes about courage and wisdom
12. "You have to hear this loud and clear: no one is coming. It's your call."―Mel Robbins
Daily App: Have everything you want at your fingertips, and yours alone. This doesn't mean you won't find helpful people ormentorson the path that will cheer you up. It means you have the power to take the first steps, take risks and choose your own destiny. Nobody else can make you live the life you deserve. You are the only one who can destroy the limits you set in your head.
13. "Start before you're ready. Don't prepare, start."―Mel Robbins
DAILY USE: You'll never be as ready as you think you need to be before you try something. The preparation itself is not bad. However, if you wait for the right time or the right time to start, there is no right time. It exists now. Start something, no matter how small, but start. Then you can focus on preparing and improving, but you need toto act.
14. "If you just did the things you don't want to do, you'd have everything you've ever wanted."―Mel Robbins
Daily use: None of us want to work and sacrifice our time and energy. It would be better to do something else. However, if you want to achieve an above-average lifespan, you need to meet above-average requirements. You don't have to do this forever, but understand the concept ofLate paymentcan help you live the life of your dreams.
15. "There will always be someone who doesn't see your worth. Don't let it be you―Mel Robbins
Daily App: The only opinion that matters when it comes to your worth is yours. What other people think of you does not define you. This job is yours. You can start to care less about what other people think by doing these few things. First, accept and expect other people to have opinions about you, but don't worry about what they are. Then build your self-confidence andTrust.
16. "I was the problem and in five seconds I could step up and become the solution."―Mel Robbins
17. "Passion isn't a thing, it's a state of mind."―Mel Robbins
18. "That's what it takes to get what you want. Don't be afraid of big leaps once a year. Small but annoying moves are needed every day.”―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: It's the small daily actions that add up over time and make lasting differences. Sure, you might have to take some risks, but you'll get there with small, thoughtful actions. things like creating adaily routine, improving your mindset and setting deadlines can be helpful.
19. "Life is dark and difficult and all of a sudden it's bright and amazing."―Mel Robbins
20. "To play, you have to start. To win, you have to keep going. If you want to achieve your dreams, be ready for the long game."―Mel Robbins
21. "You won't win if you keep telling yourself to wait. The more times you choose courage, the more likely you are to succeed."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: It's one thing to be as prepared as possible for something. Another is to find excuses not to act. You may think you're not "ready," but the truth is, you may never feel ready. Ask yourself if you are putting off taking action out of fear.What's holding you back?
22. “Each phase of your life and career requires a different you. By applying the rule, you will become the person you were meant to be in the next phase of your life.”―Mel Robbins
23. "If you have the courage to start, you have the courage to win."―Mel Robbins
24. “Change your choices and you will change your life. And what else will change your decisions? Courage."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: Your decisions determine the path you will follow. Having the courage to change the way you think, react and respond to things will make all the difference. To remember,periodit is not the absence of fear. It simply means that your belief in your goals and yourself is greater than your fear.
25. "It's OK to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave."―Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins quotes about taking risks and influencing others
26. "Win or lose, at least I'm doing something."―Mel Robbins
27. "We are so afraid of the unknown that we want reassurance before we even try."―Mel Robbins
28. “Small things are not small at all. You are the most important thing of all. And they add up."―Mel Robbins
29. "Sometimes there's no next time, second chance or break. Stop waiting It's now or never."―Mel Robbins
30. "Forcing yourself to do simple things creates a chain reaction in your confidence and productivity."―Mel Robbins
31. “In any area of your life you want to change, adopt this rule. Just do the things you don't want to do."―Mel Robbins
32. "The challenge is to find the ability to make a small change in your life in the face of an overwhelming amount of resistance and build from it."―Mel Robbins
33. "Feelings are just suggestions you can ignore. To change you have to do the same, you have to ignore your feelings and do it anyway.―Mel Robbins
34. "I may not be perfect, but I'm worth it."―Mel Robbins
Daily Use: There is no one on this earth who is a perfect person. However, your worth is not defined by how close you are to perfection. you decideyour value, not the world around you. Try to convince yourself that you belong. Believe that you are full of wonderful qualities and let them shine through.
35. "This mountain was assigned to you so that you could show others that it can be moved."―Mel Robbins
Daily Application: If you believed this sentence, how would your perspective on the difficulties you faced in life change? You never know who might get inspiration for your trip. Show others how to win? Do you move mountains in your life to discover your true path? Don't be afraid, try to believe this mountain is yoursfor a reason.
Mel Robbins quotes about the truth of reality
36. "The work expands whenever you give it."―Mel Robbins
37. "It's really sad because waiting for confirmation will be the death of your dreams."―Mel Robbins
38. “Life is not a single thing. You have to work for what you want."―Mel Robbins
39. "You might say you're afraid of change, but the lack of change in your life is why you feel so bored."―Mel Robbins
40. "If you don't learn to separate your feelings from your actions, you'll never reach your true potential."―Mel Robbins
41. "If you can't get out of bed, you'll never be able to make all the other changes you want to make in your life."―Mel Robbins
42. “We are all capable of greatness. I think this. It's our feelings and fears that convince us that now is not the right time and keep us from achieving greatness."―Mel Robbins
43. "We found that a lot of our feelings are just some kind of shortcut to all kinds of complex calculations that are constantly going on in the back of your mind."―Mel Robbins
44. “Forget motivation; It's a myth, I don't know when we all had the idea that to change you have to feel anxious or "motivated" to act. It's complete garbage. When it comes time to assert yourself, you won't feel motivated. In fact, you won't want to do anything."―Mel Robbins
45. "You do the same thing every time you complain about problems, but you don't do anything to solve them."―Mel Robbins
Daily use: Complaining about things only makes them worse. When you approach life with a grateful approach, you are better able to handle when things go wrong. And they will. It's inevitable. However, it will help to remember everything to be grateful for, focus on the lesson and find a solution.the most satisfying life.
Mel Robbins quotes about politics and career
46. "I realized I wasn't a good employee because I was too busy listening to people's personal problems to work."―Mel Robbins
47. "If you show up every day to a job you hate and do nothing to change it, you have no one to blame but yourself."―Mel Robbins
48. “Our nation, our economy and our families would be so much stronger if half of our businesses were run by women and half of our families were run by men.”―Mel Robbins
49. “We want to believe that we live in a world where our daughters can do anything and be anything. And you'd think so: they outperform kids in college, graduate school, and the workforce.―Mel Robbins
50. "While younger women say they are slimmer and more beautiful, ads for older women emphasize looking younger and wrinkle-free, capitalizing on the insecurities many of us have about aging."―Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins quotes for moving on
51. "If you don't change anything, nothing changes."―Mel Robbins
52. "Fear is the habit of worrying uncontrollably."―Mel Robbins
53. "You have to trust that whatever happens, you'll figure it out."―Mel Robbins
54. “I'm going to move so fast I won't think. I'm going to beat my brain."―Mel Robbins
55. "Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once."―Mel Robbins
56. "Get out of your head and stop thinking about what you need to do and actually do it."―Mel Robbins
57. “You get stuck in the gap between knowing and doing. You know what to do, but you just can't do it."―Mel Robbins
58. "Your soul needs exploration and growth, and the only way to get that is to force yourself to be uncomfortable."―Mel Robbins
59. "Start now...where you are." It starts with fear... with pain. Start with doubts... with trembling hands. Just get started."―Mel Robbins
60. "If you listen to how you feel about what you want, you won't get it. Because you'll never feel like it."―Mel Robbins
What did you learn from these Mel Robbins quotes?
Now that you've enjoyed some useful Mel Robbins quotes, you probably have an idea of who she is and what she stands for.
One of the best things Mel does is that she is constantly trying to build trust in others and wants them to have a better life.
We can see from her quotes that Mel believes the first step to success is yours.
An important lesson we can learn from Mel is that if you don't do anything to improve your own life, no one is responsible for your circumstances but yourself.
What is your biggest takeaway from thisMel Robbins quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Writer, entrepreneur and curator of inspirational quotes
December 28, 2022 8:58 am EST
Click to see
September 12, 2022 at 4:44 pm
I saw a video on my phone of Mel Robbins talking about a painting he saw in a restaurant in Vermont. Her story is interesting as I also own a painting that I bought in 1968 when I was pregnant with my third child. Years later, I regretted the sale and wanted it back. One day in 2004, I went to a thrift store in a nearby town where I lived to buy a small item. Every time she went there, she looked at the pictures on a shelf that lined the first room. When I looked up that day, there was my picture! I asked the man to put it down because when I came back from another room it was there ready for me to buy. I still have it hanging on my LR's wall. My son is now 54 years old and every time I look at the picture I stand on this hill overlooking the lake and I revel in the wonder of God's love for giving him back to me.
Danielle Dahl, Senior Contributor
September 14, 2022 at 11:19 am
What an incredible story! We are pleased that you were able to recover your painting. Thank you for visiting the site and sharing with us.
- Inspirational Quotes Short Inspirational Quotes for the Day Nia Simone McLeod
- Inspirational quotes life quotes for living success, love and family Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Quotes from famous people about life, love and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Love yourself quotes to boost your self esteem Dr. Nikki Martinez, Senior Contributor
- Inspirational quotes Inspirational quotes for kids about school, life and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Quotes about having fun and enjoying life Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes About New Beginnings About New Beginnings Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Relationship quotes celebrating true love Dr. Nikki Martinez, Senior Contributor
- Inspirational quotes Quotes on how to change your life and the world Dr. Nikki Martinez, Senior Contributor
- Inspirational quotes Quotes with life lessons to help you move forward Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
What is the 5 seconds rule quote? ›
“The 5 Second Rule is simple. If you have an instinct to act on a goal, you must physically move within 5 seconds or your brain will kill it.What does Mel Robbins say about motivation? ›
Motivation is garbage. Stop waiting to feel like it. Whatever it is that you want - wake up and go get it. With hard work, patience and optimism - you can make absolutely anything happen.What is the quote from Zig Ziglar? ›
If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere.” 3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” 2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” 1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it."What does Tony Robbins say about change? ›
“Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards.”What is a good quote to live by? ›
- “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” — ...
- “Opportunities don't happen, you create them.” — ...
- “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” — ...
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —
The 5 Second Rule is a self-management technique. It advocates that people should start completing a possibly unpleasant task within 5 seconds, otherwise they may try to postpone the completion of the task. The technique thus tries to strengthen an impulse to move from thinking to action before objections prevent this.What 3 things motivate you most? ›
- acquiring new skills.
- meeting deadlines, goals and targets.
- coaching others.
- improving processes, finding ways to solving problems.
- leading a team or being a part of a team.
- completing a difficult project.
- overcoming challenges.
- coming up with creative ideas.
- Equity/Fairness – People want to be treated fairly at work.
- Achievement – People want to do important, useful work, and be recognized for it.
- Camaraderie – People want to enjoy good relationships with their co-workers.
The research by Nohria, Groysberg and Lee shows that employees are only truly motivated when all four needs (possessions, commitment, comprehension and protection) are met at the same time.What are 5 famous quotes? ›
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
What is Brene Brown's favorite quote? ›
“You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” Remember: Love should come from within. Here are some self-love quotes that will make you feel like a million bucks.What is a quote Kara Walker said? ›
I have no interest in making a work that doesn't elicit a feeling. A lot of what I was wanting to do in my work and what I have been doing has been about the unexpected... that unexpected situation of wanting to be the heroine and yet wanting to kill the heroine at the same time.What is a famous quote about change? ›
"I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better." — Georg C. Lichtenberg. "There is nothing permanent except change." — Heraclitus. "I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples." — Mother Teresa.What is Tony Robbins motto? ›
“The path to success is to take massive, determined action.” “Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment.”What is the most powerful quote? ›
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi. ...
- “Everybody is a genius. ...
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw.
- "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go." ...
- "Nothing is impossible. ...
- "There is nothing impossible to they who will try." ...
- "The bad news is time flies. ...
- "Life has got all those twists and turns. ...
- "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius.
- “Magic is believing in yourself. ...
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney.
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure…
(basketball) The rule that a team must advance the ball over the center line within ten seconds of gaining possession. The 10-second interval is used in U.S. high school and college basketball; professional leagues use an 8-second limit.What is the 10 seconds rule physical appearance? ›
The ten-second rule is a simple practice. You can point out someone's appearance, only if they can change or remove it within ten seconds. For example, if your friend has some lipstick on their teeth, you can comment about it.What is the 10 sec rule? ›
He calls it The 10 Second Rule: just do the next thing you're reasonably certain Jesus wants you to do. (And do it quickly before you change your mind.) The 10 Second Rule will empower you to take simple “baby steps” of obedience, as God directs you. This is not only a “rule” you can do – it's one you'll want to do!
What is the biggest motivation in life? ›
Self-mastery and growth
Some people are clearly motivated by self-mastery — that motivation to develop and grow. For them, it is their life path. This desire is so powerful that it can drive you towards your self wholeness. But to do it, you should take a certain form of risk and go out your comfort zone.
- meeting deadlines, targets or goals.
- mentoring and coaching others.
- learning new things.
- coming up with creative ideas to improve something, or make something new.
- analysing complex data in order to draw clear and simple conclusions.
- working well as part of a team.
- Goals. It should be no surprise that goals motivate us and inspire us. ...
- New. Choosing to learn something new every day will give you a reason to grown and change. ...
- Challenge. ...
- Truth. ...
- Determination. ...
- Laughter. ...
- Perseverance. ...
- Reward-based motivation.
- Attitude motivation.
- Fear-based motivation.
- Creative motivation.
- Achievement motivation.
- Competence motivation.
- Power motivation.
But fundamentally, there are three factors that underpin motivation – control, confidence and connectedness. They're at the heart of the performance pie – the 3C's in the core.What are the two most important types of motivation? ›
- Intrinsic motivation: This is when motivation comes from "internal" factors to meet personal needs. We do things we do because we enjoy them, not because we have to. ...
- Extrinsic motivation: This is when motivation comes from "external" factors that are given or controlled by others.
I. INTRODUCTION 4C is a self-awareness profile which indicates the Controlling, Convincing, Conforming, Consistency of individuals, to assess various aspects like drive to overcome barriers, ability to persuade etc.What keeps a person inspired and motivated? ›
Research suggests that humans are motivated by autonomy, mastery, and purpose. People want to control their actions, receive recognition for what they have done, learn new things, and feel that what they are doing matters.What are 2 inspirational quotes? ›
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – ...
- “Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage.” – ...
- “Courage is only an accumulation of small steps.” – ...
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” – ...
- “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
What is the best quotes for strength? ›
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice." "Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health."What is the quote about discomfort and growth? ›
Growth is uncomfortable; you have to embrace the discomfort if you want to expand. Be not afraid of discomfort. If you can't put yourself in a situation where you are uncomfortable, then you will never grow. You will never change.What is Eleanor Roosevelt's famous quote? ›
“The UN is our greatest hope for future peace. Alone we cannot keep the peace of the world, but in cooperation with others we have to achieve this much longed-for security.”What is a good quote about karma? ›
Karma quotes are all around you: “What goes around comes around.” “Do unto others as you would have them do to you.” “You get back the same energy you put out.” “You reap what you sow.” Over the millennia, people have come up with many different ways to talk about the type of cosmic justice that says people are fated ...What is David Walker's famous quote? ›
Let no man of us budge one step, and let slave-holders come to beat us from our country. America is more our country, than it is the whites—we have enriched it with our blood and tears .What is The 5 Second Rule ADHD? ›
What is the Five-Second Rule? The Five-Second Rule is a technique to get things done the moment they cross your mind. The rule is once you get an instinct or gut feeling to do something that you know you should be doing, start it immediately.What are the rules for 5 second rule? ›
5 second rule is a fast, funny, family board game based on a series of videos from Ellen Degeneres. It's a party game very similar to 30 seconds. In 30 seconds you have to answer 5 questions in 30 seconds, in 5 second rule you have to give 3 answers to a single question in 5 seconds. Easy, right?What is The 5 Second Rule for procrastination? ›
In her book, The 5 Second Rule, Mel describes the rule as “simple.” “If you have an instinct to act on a goal,” she explains, "You must physically move within five seconds or your brain will kill it. The moment you feel an instinct or a desire to act on a goal or a commitment, use the rule.What are red flags for ADHD? ›
Problems Staying Organized
Organizational tasks can be red flags for ADHD. Such things as prioritizing, planning and follow-through are difficult for such individuals. Such issues can haunt a person throughout their lives in such settings as school, home and work. Lack of organization can result in careless mistakes.
They are what I call the 5 C's of ADHD parenting: self-Control, Compassion, Collaboration, Consistency and Celebration. By using these tools, you can reduce your stress, create peace in your family and increase cooperation and love all around.
What time of day are ADHD symptoms most common? ›
This study determined that children with ADHD face greater difficulties in daily functioning compared with community sample children, that these difficulties are time-dependent, and that these difficulties were particularly experienced in the evening.What does 3 seconds rule mean? ›
The three seconds rule (also referred to as the three-second rule or three in the key, often termed as lane violation) requires that in basketball, a player shall not remain in their team's foul lane for more than three consecutive seconds while that player's team is in control of a live ball in the frontcourt and the ...What basic rule consist of 3 seconds? ›
The O3 rule states that an offensive player cannot be in the lane for more than three seconds while his team has control of the ball.What is the secret to stop procrastinating? ›
The best decision you can make towards avoiding procrastination is to plan your days in advance. Rather than frantically figuring out what you'll do on any given day, a better way to approach your day would be to take a few minutes at the end of each day to quickly map out the following day.What are the 7 steps to cure procrastination? ›
- Connect work to goals. ...
- Clarify priorities. ...
- Use goals to fight perfectionism. ...
- Break big initiatives into smaller tasks. ...
- Capture every to-do. ...
- Set deadlines. ...
- Try these time management strategies.
- Start your day with the least desirable task first thing in the morning.
- Focus on three goals in one day and unpack them into smaller tasks.
- Reward yourself after each task so to feed the limbic part of your brain.
According to Robbins, when you count backwards from five, you're using a form of metacognition to override the patterns that get encoded in your basal ganglia and draw your focus to your pre-frontal cortex, the part of your brain that gives you control over your thoughts and actions.